The Lean-Agile portfolio operations coordinates and support decentralized program execution.
” Agile portfolio operations coordinates and supports decentralized program execution, enabling operational excellence. SAFe principles and the Lean-Agile mindset foster the decentralization of strategy execution to empowered ARTs and Solution Trains. Even then, however, systems thinking must be applied to ensure that ARTs and Solution Trains are aligned and operate within the broader enterprise context. The Agile portfolio operations collaboration and responsibilities (Figure 5) require the active engagement of the Agile Program Management Office/Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (APMO/LACE) and Communities of Practice (CoPs) for Release Train Engineers (RTEs) and Scrum Masters. “
© Scaled Agile, Inc.
See more here
Lean-Agile portfolio operations :
- Collaboration of Agile PMO/LACE, RTE and SM CoP
- Coordinates Value Streams
- Supports program execution
- Drives operational excellence
- Support operational excellence with a portfolio sync
- Frequency : monthly or more
- Facilitation : APMO or other stakeholders
- Purpose : gaining visibility into how the portfolio is progressing towards its strategic objectives
- Define the agenda and calendar for the portfolio sync