Scrum Team composition :
- Self-organizing team consisting of the Product Owner, Development Team, and Scrum Master.
- 1. Product Owner
- 2. Development Team
- 3. Scrum Master
- The Scrum Team consists only of the following roles. No other roles, no Project Managers or Functional Managers exist within the Scrum Team.
- According to the Scrum rules, there are just three roles in a Scrum Team as the Scrum Master, the Product Owner, and the Development Team and nothing else. The project manager’s duties are distributed among three pre-defined Scrum roles.
- All team members could be part-time or full-time but dedicated members are recommended for the Development Team members. On the other hand, these are the roles not assigned people. It means one member could have two roles at the same time for example as a Product Owner and a Development Team member.
- In The 2020 Scrum Guide Roles are remplaced by Accountabilities.
Scrum Master :
- In the Scrum framework, Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum.
- Scrum Master is the role within a Scrum Team accountable for guiding, coaching, teaching and assisting Scrum Team and its environments in properly understanding Scrum.
- Scrum Masters help everyone understand :
- The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring that the product backlog management does this.
3. Clear to all
4. Shows the next item the Scrum team should work on
- Must coach the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
Scrum Master practice :
- Scrum Master will help the development Team to create high-value products.
- Scrum Master must remove impediments to the Development Team’s progress.
- Scrum Master coaches the development team in organizational environments in which Scrum is fully adopted and understood.
- leads the coaching of the organization in its Scrum adoption.
- Scrum Master plans Scrum Implementations within the organization.
- Scrum Master helps Stakeholders/employees understand and enact scrum and empirical product development.
- Scrum Master must work with all involved parties to understand if artifacts are completely transparent.
- Scrum Master is responsible for increasing transparency in artifacts by work that involves learning, convincing, and change.
- Scrum Master helps everyone in the Scrum Team apply the most appropriate practices inthe absence of complete transparency.
- Scrum Master can detect lack of complete transparency by inspecting artifacts,sensing patters, listening closely to what is said, and detecting differences between expected and real results.
- The Scrum Master participates as a peer team member in the Retrospective meeting from the accountability over the Scrum process.
- The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
Scrum Master servant-leadership :
- The Scrum Guide says the following “Scrum Master Service to the Development Team.
- The Scrum Master serves the Development Team in several ways, including:
•Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
• Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
• Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress;
• Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
• Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood”
- The Scrum Master facilitates Inspection and Adaption opportunities as requested or as needed.
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.