Functional Spike definition
- Mockups and wireframes are a spike however can be categorized under Functional Spikes.
- Functional spikes are often best evaluated through some level of prototyping, whether it be user interface mockups, wireframes, page flows, or whatever techniques is best suited to get feedback from the Customer or Stakeholders.
Functional Spike purpose
- We use the functional spikes when we want to analyze the overall solution behavior and determine the following things :
- How to break it down ?
- How to organize the work ?
- Where risk and complexity exist ?
- How to use insights to influence implementation decisions ?
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.