The Scrum framework consists of Scrum Teams and their associated accountabilities, artifacts, events and rules as defined in the Scrum Guide.
Scrum events :
Daily Scrum definition :
- The Daily Scrum is an Event for the Developers of the Scrum Team.
Daily Scrum purpose :
- The purpose of the Daily Scrum is to inspect progress toward the Sprint Goal and adapt the Sprint Backlog as necessary, adjusting the upcoming planned work.
- The Daily Scrum optimizes the probability that the Developers will meet the Sprint Goal.
- Daily Scrum is a key Inspect and Adapt meeting.
Daily Scrum benefits :
- Daily Scrums improve communications, identify impediments, promote quick decision-making, and consequently eliminate the need for other meetings.
- The Developers can select whatever structure and techniques they want, as long as their Daily Scrum focuses on progress toward the Sprint Goal and produces an actionable plan for the next day of work.
- This creates focus and improves self-management.
Daily Scrum participants :
- Daily Scrum is for the Developers :
- All the Developers and only the Developers.
- If the Product Owner or Scrum Master are actively working on items in the Sprint Backlog, they participate as Developers.
Daily Scrum time-box :
- The Daily Scrum is a 15-minute event for the Developers of the Scrum Team.
- 15 minute time-boxed event for the Developers.
- The length of a daily Scrum is time-boxed at 15 minutes, it doesn’t change with the length of a Sprint.
Daily Scrum practice :
- When, where and how often is the Daily Scrum held ?
- The Daily Scrum is held every day of the Sprint at the same place and same time to maintain consistency.
- Changing its place and time regularly leads to a coordination overhead for a member to prepare a place and complexity for the Team members to find the meeting time and place.
- Having it at the same time and place reduces its overhead and complexity.
Scrum team collaboration :
- The Daily Scrum is not the only time Developers are allowed to adjust their plan.
- They often meet throughout the day for more detailed discussions about problem solving, adapting or re-planning the rest of the Sprint’s work.
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.
Updated : 02/09/21