The Scrum artifacts
- Artifacts represent work or value to provide Transparency and opportunities for Inspection and Adaptation.
- Increment is typically the result of a Sprint.
- Increment is a piece of working software that adds to previously created Increments, where the sum of all Increments – as a whole- form a product.
- Increment is a body of inspectable, done work that supports empiricism at the end of a Sprint.
- The product increment should be usable and potentially releasable at the end of every Sprint, but it does not have to be necessary “released” by the Product Owner.
- Each Increment is additive to all prior Increments and thoroughly tested, ensuring that all increments work together.
- Increment is a potentially delivery of product in ‘done’ segment in order to ensure a potentially useful version of the product always available.
Definition of Done (DoD)
- The Definition of Done is the commitment for the Increment.
- Definition of Done (DoD) insures that there is always a useful version of working product available.
- The Developers try to produce a done usable and potentially shippable and releasable Increment and piece of working software at the end of each Sprint.
- On the other hand, finishing their tasks does not necessarily mean they will create a releasable Increment because they may miss some tasks for converting the selected Product Backlog Items into a done Increment.
- A cornerstone of Agile development is ‘incremental delivery.’
- Incremental delivery is the frequent delivery of working products, which are successively improved, to a customer for immediate feedback and acceptance.
- Typically, a product is delivered at the end of each sprint or iteration for demonstration and feedback.
- In this feedback technique, a customer can review the product and provide updated requirements.
- Changed/updated/refined requirements are welcomed in the agile process to ensure the customer receives a valuable and quality product.
- A Sprint typically lasts from two to four weeks and at the end a new and improved product is delivered, incrementally.
- [The Art of Agile Development. James Shore.]
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.
Updated : 03/09/2021