- Lead Time is the time between the initiation (command) and the delivery of a User Story.
- Cycle time clock starts when work begins on the request (To Do), and ends when the item is delivered.
- Cycle time is a more mechanical measure of process capability.
- Cycle time is the time between two successive deliveries.
- How to calculate cycle time
- Total Cycle Time = Number of things in process /Average Completion Rate
- Average Completion Rate = 4, Number of things in process = 8,
- Cycle Time = 8 Items / 4 per week
- Cycle Time = 2 weeks
To improve Cycle Time
- Reduce Number of Things in Process
- Improve Average Completion Rate
- Reduce rework
- High visibility of blockers and active removal
- Analysis to identify items that are too large.
More informations at PMI-ACP exam