Technical Spike definition
- Evaluation of technical elements for a proposed solution is a technical Spike.
Technical Spike purpose
- A technical Spike may be used for evaluation of potential performance or load impact of a new user story, evaluation of specific implementation technologies that can be applied to a solution, or for any reason when the team needs to develop a more confident understanding of a desired approach before committing new functionality to a timebox.
Technical Spike practice
- We use the technical spikes when we want to research various approaches in the solution domain, such as :
- Determine a build-versus-buy decision
- Evaluate the potential performance or load impact of a new user story
- Evaluate specific technical implementation approaches
- Develop confidence about the desired solution path.
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.