Scrum approach for Documentation
- Developers are responsible for doing all the required tasks to create a potentially releasable and useful Increment.
- Documentation same as other tasks is a part of the development.
- The Developers as a cross-functional team is responsible for documentation like other tasks to create a potentially releasable and usable Increment.
- Also, the accountability of doing all tasks belongs to the Developers as a whole not just one person, like a document writer.
- Therefore, each Developer who has sufficient documentation skills can create the required documentation.
- In addition, postponing some tasks to the future for example right before a release increases risks and prevents creating done Increment in order to gather feedback from the market.
Documentation and Definition of Done
- If a Scrum Team decides to have the documentation in its development process, they can add it to the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Then they should adhere to it for each developed feature.
- Also, having enough documentation can help the team to have easier software maintenance.
More informations for the Scrum PSD certification here.
Updated : 03/09/2021